Weather – Extremes in weather condition i.e. hot, cold, wet and dry can cause some roofing materials to blister, buckle, split or crack. When this happens, water seepage is possible and that could lead to leaks that could damage the interior.
Corrosion – Some roofing materials are prone to corrode especially in parts where there are roof flashings, valleys and projections like vents and chimneys. When corrosion happens, there is bound to be roof damage.
Wind – Extreme gusts of winds, especially during storms or hurricanes can lift roofing materials off from their anchors.
Wear and Tear – Roof damage can happen due to normal wear and tear. Falling objects from trees or those blown by gusts of wind and roof “traffic” by birds and small animals can cause early signs of deterioration of roofing materials.
“We had a roof replaced on our home in Blythewood, SC. Mayhem took care to cover our landscaping and leave the site clean after the work was completed. We love our new roof!”
T Smith, Blythewood, SC
Chimneys – Leaks are common here usually because of inadequate flashing or caulking.
Vent pipes, any object that protrudes from the roof is almost always an area where leaks could occur. Insufficient flashing could also be the culprit as flashings have the tendency to deteriorate faster than other roof parts.
Valleys in between roof slopes are also susceptible to rot as the areas are prone to dirt or leafs accumulation.
Drip-edge that is improperly installed can cause seepage. The leaks here are not as visible as drip-edge are hidden behind fascias or sidings.
Getting a Quality Roofing Job In Blythewood. South Carolina
Our quality roofs are built with care from the best roofers in Blythewood, South Carolina. Here are some residential roofing tips:
1) When replacing your roof be sure to replace the valley and eaves flashing. Also, have pipe boots or roof jacks replaced to direct away water where the pipes and vents protrude from the roof. This is the easiest time to have these areas repaired and replaced.
2) Now is also the time to make sure you have proper attic ventilation. Have it checked by our roofers or an HVAC contractor. Poor airflow can heat an attic to 130°F in summer. In winter, moist interior air can condense on the underside of the sheathing, rotting it. You may want to have ridge and soffit vents installed to circulate cool air into the attic, alleviating both problems.
3) Ask how the roofer will protect bushes and plants (we cover your landscaping with tarps).
4) Find out how the trash will be disposed of and nails picked up.
5) We will be happy to provide references for you to inquire about our past work.
6) We are licensed and insured.
7) We have a large selection of materials from the top roofing material suppliers and manufacturers.
8) Remember that when you are getting multiple bids on your new roof to make sure all the bids are using the same materials.
9) Go local. Mayhem Roofing is a local company with years of experience working in Blythewood, South Carolina.
<div itemscope itemtype=”http://schema.org/RoofingContractor”>
<span itemprop=”name”>Mayhem Roofing</span>
<img alt=”roofer in Blythewood” itemprop=”image” src=”https://www.mayhemroofing.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/best-roofers-in-columbia-sc.jpg” />
<span itemprop=”makesOffer” itemscope itemtype=”http://schema.org/Offer”>
<span itemprop=”name”>Free Estimate And Roof Inspection In Blythewood </span>
<span itemprop=”areaServed” itemscope itemtype=”http://schema.org/GeoShape”>
<span itemprop=”address” itemscope itemtype=”http://schema.org/PostalAddress”>
<span itemprop=”addressRegion”>South Carolina</span>
<span itemprop=”addressCountry”>United State</span>
Whether you need new roof installation in Blythewood or roof repair in Blythewood we are the premier roofers in your area. Call on us for a competitive price and the premier service. Using high quality materials at competitive prices we have brought mayhem to the roofing industry.